Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flappers Comedy Club - Claremont

The Blogging Pressman meets Comic Laura Hayden

Since becoming unemployed six weeks ago I’m forced to watch how I spend my money, so when I received a call late Friday afternoon from Flappers Comedy Club with the offer of ten free passes, how could I say no? My former colleague at the newspaper Victor Banuelos joined me Friday, with Tim Russell, Richard Olmeda, and Linda Olmeda jumping on board for the Saturday night show.

The Flappers Club in Claremont is a well-organized showroom that seats maybe just over one hundred guests, and makes for an intimate evening. With some very great choices for snacks or sandwiches that are priced from $7.00 to $15.00, it’s an idea way to spend very little money and yet have a great time.

Our host of the show, Laura Hayden, ran the show like the professional she is and broke the ice for the comic’s before they stepped onto the stage for their performances. Using a bit of crowd work she engaged the audience getting everyone prepared to laugh and have a good time.

Some say the hosts are at the bottom of the pecking order, which I disagree, as the hosts can make or break the show and should be rated on the same level as the headliner. I look forward to seeing Ms. Hayden again, and hope to see her as the headliner.


William Randolph

Upon first sighting Mr. Randolph I mistook him for a former colleague, Pete Mastin, as they have a similar gait and appearance. When William stepped on stage I assumed he would be a hack, was I ever wrong. Once he got into his routine there was no turning back as he had the crowd in tears from laughing so hard. His style is a dry type of humor that grabs the audience and doesn’t let go. If you have the opportunity to see his show I highly recommend you do so, you won’t be disappointed.


Flappers has two locations, Claremont and Burbank with shows almost daily, visit their website and see what I mean. Click here FLAPPERS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must be Pete's doppelganger because he looks just like Pete!