Thursday, December 01, 2011

Windpocalypse 2011

Did you notice the wind this morning? It was hard not to hear the wind howling as gusts caused my closed windows to whistle and our house to creak while leaves and small twigs were thrown against my second story bedroom. The lights flickered and the power actually went out twice, so I packed it in and went to bed about 3AM this morning.






Last night at the newspaper my colleagues and I were busy feeding newsprint to the giant printing press when we lost power at 6:47 PM, the power was off maybe a second or two, and it was pitch black in the reel room.

Losing power for such a short time is usually forgotten quickly, this is not the case in the pressroom while five of the six presses were running. Forty-two webs broke and everything must be rebooted to regain communications with the computers that run the mighty machines.

This process took anywhere from two hours to three hours depending how quickly or slowly communications could be re-established.

The system that feeds newsprint to the press did not fare so well and took almost four hours to recover and begin dropping newsprint off to each press. Our paper handlers did a great job of manning the forklifts to deliver the much-needed rolls of paper to keep the presses rolling.

Five of the crews went without a lunch break or a work break as we did our best to publish today’s newspaper, which was waiting for our subscribers when they awoke this morning on their driveways.

When I say it was a miracle we published another edition, I’m really not kidding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those RTPs don't fair to well with power outages. We lost two Allen Bradley drives on the last one here in Cleveland. Hi Ed!!!

imran zain said...

Hello everyone here i want to share a marvelous testimony oh how Dr SAMBOLA HERBAL MIXTURE CREAM saved me from shame and disgrace .So Many Women Today Cheat On Their Husband All Because Of The Poor Performance Of Their Husband In Bed,I Have Come To Know That Women Love Men Who Last Long In Bed And Also Has That Big Dick That Can Make Them Scream And Also Make Them Rich Their Climax,Women Truly Love Good Sex. I Have Been Passing True Sexual Problems For The Past Six Years Now All Because Of The Size Of My Penis And My Poor Performance In Bed I Caught My girlfriend With another man I Was Heart Broken And Confused When I Asked Her Why She Did All What She Did She Told Me I Was Not Good In Bed That I Can Not Satisfy Her That She Needs A Man Who Can Satisfy Her That Was How She Broke Up With Me At That Moment. I Told My Self I Was Never Going To Have Any Thing To Do With Any Woman Again I Started Going To The Club Sleeping Around With Different Girls at a Point I Got Tired Of Living That Kind Of Life Because That Was Never Part Of Me I Was On Line Last Month When I Came Across so many testimonies On  Dr SAMBOLA How He Made their Sex Life Come Back To Life And That He Had Giving Them The Real Size Of Penis A Man  Suppose To Have I Got Interested And I Contacted Him At Once Luckily For Me He Was Online After About 30 Minutes He Replied Me And Then He Told Me Every Thing I Needed To Do After Every Thing He Sent Me A herbal cream Package True The DHL courier  Service Which I Received The Next three Days And Then I Started Using Them As Instructed By Him After About 2 Weeks I Started Seeing My Penis Got to 8 inches And i Felt So Many Changes Inside Of Me And Today I Am Happy today i can Last Up more than 1 Hour On Bed and can go up to 10 rounds with my girlfriend All Thanks To Dr SAMBOLA For Making Me Feel Like A Man Once Again. he can also do the following..PENIS ENLARGEMENT, BREAST ENLARGEMENT, DIABETES 1/2,HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,PREMATURE EJACULATION,WEAK ERECTION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ,LOW SPERM COUNT PREGNANCY HERBAL MEDICINE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE LOW SPERM COUNT LYME DISEASE many more..  Contact Via Email drsambolahealingcenter@gmail.com or  whatssapp--+2348155333384