Sunday, December 04, 2011

Los Angeles Times marks 130 Years in business

The Globe Lobby near First and Spring Streets offers free tours every Thursday



The Los Angeles Times began its illustrious history one hundred and thirty years ago today, happy birthday Los Angeles Times. Through thick and thin the newspaper has remained the source of news for Los Angeles, and with the Internet the world is now informed through the electronic version.

Below the links will take you to the collection of front pages and photographs gathered and created during this long history.

My family has worked for the newspaper since 1950, only to be outdone by the Bagwell Family that has worked there since 1948.

Capturing the world through photography, video and multimedia

Browse through the history of The Times’ front page

1 comment:

Honda Los Angeles said...

Amazing how long the L.A times has been around. I have to admit that I get most of the news through the Latimes wesbsite these days on my Blackberry. It is the only way I get my daily fix.