Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Los Angeles Times will miss you Andrew Nystrom


Last night I rushed over to the Redwood Bar and Grill hoping to catch Andrew Nystrom before his farewell party broke up. As luck had it he was just walking out with some guests as I entered the establishment, and I suppose due to the liquor Andrew was easily swayed into staying for a few additional drinks with me.

Andrew's departure is different than most we read about at the Los Angeles Times, he's leaving on his own accord to work for Red Bull.

If your path has crossed Andrew's you know this young man is a class act, and his talents will be sorely missed at LATimes.com.

He is a husband and father to two beautiful children, and mentioned he may return the the newspaper sometime down the road, with additional skills to boot.

Tony Pierce will assume Andrew's duties while the company decides to either fill his position or not.


As we enjoyed a smoke outside David Rensin
was exiting the building, so naturally I said hello and asked if TJ Sullivan was still in the house.


To my embarrassment he said TJ was standing next to him.

I'm off to the newspaper for my 1pm shift.

No comments: