Friday, June 27, 2008

SGV Blogger’s Pot Luck and Happy Hour - all invited!


Edward and Frazgo
Imagine my surprise when I happened across a post by Frazgo, on Los Angeles Metblogs, regarding a Bloggers potluck. At first glace I took it for granted the potluck would be held sometime in July, but upon further reading I discovered the Bloggers will gather tomorrow. Now here’s the kicker, I’m listed as attending, yet knew nothing about it.

After my email to Aaron Proctor was returned, I did something unusual for myself; I called Aaron to inquire about the party. Seems Aaron had changed his email address, and I’m assuming his message was caught by my spam blocker and the message inviting me to the party, was deleted.

I will be attending the potluck after work and must decide on what tasty treats to bring along with me?


Here’s Frazgo’ S post from Metblogs:

You meet the nicest people blogging. You meet the nicest people who comment on what you post. Putting the two together turns out to be a lot of fun.

A group of bloggers out here in Far East LA are having a Pot Luck and Happy Hour and anyone who cares to meet us is welcome to join. Bring a nibble to share. Bring some pocket money as this isn’t a hosted bar. I’m bringing my soon to be infamous Margarita Tart.

Blog writers from all over the area will be there. Some you may follow already from following their blogs. Some you know from comments made here on Metblog posts. Those in attendance: Miss Havisham, West Coast Grrlie Blather, 99 Cent Chef, Ed Padgett, 91204, Monrovia City Watch and Pasadena Photo. Of course co-host to the silliness, unstoppable former Pasadena mayoral candidate Aaron Proctor will be in as well.

Location, location, location is everything. Kathie Reece owner of the Aztec Hotel here in Monrovia is our gracious host. She’s opening up the patio for our meet up. Kathie will also open up the Mayan Room if its too hot to be outside. Of course you may get your tipples and cocktails at the Brass Elephant Bar in the hotel. Kathie even promises that there will be a few tasty bits courtesy of the hotel to indulge ourselves with.

Details: 6/28, 2PM - 6PM. Aztec Hotel, 311 W Foothill Blvd, Monrovia CA 91016

Directions: From 210 Fwy exit Myrtle Ave and turn north through Old Town Monrovia. At Foothill Blvd turn left (west) and drive 4 blocks. The Aztec is on the North side of the street between N Magnolia and Melrose. There is ample parking in the hotels lot at the west side of the property. There is direct access to the patio from their parking lot. Google Map HERE.

1 comment:

frazgo said...

funny post...you have one of 3 pictures that exist of me AND you published it no less. No harm.

I heard that you were coming and figured since you were a noteworthy local blogger I could publish it. Glad we fished you out.

Now fix your spam blocker.