Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Downsizing of America

Sometimes we feel were the only industry that's downsizing and closing plants, the following e-mail arrived from a highschool friend regarding her husband's company. I e-mailed her yesterday that I would be posting her message on my blog.


Greetings...Artie here...I read your blog almost daily...I kinda enjoy it too!...I read about downsizing and thought I would share what's going on here...I didn't want to post it on your site...

Lynn got word that his plant is closing..They say it costs too much to run a plant in Ca. anymore...The employees have the option of relocating clear across the county, but it appears he will have the option of taking an early retirement...Needless to say it was a real blow to him....Devoting 35 years then finding out in 90 days it will all be gone...I gotta tell you he's gone through a whole list of emotions, but he's doing a whole lot better since it appears he can take that retirement option..lol....He didn't realize that was going to be available at first and he's like 1 and a half years from 55 when he thought he could retire.. He was stressing....No packages have been outright offered yet but I am pretty sure that's what he wants to do...

Anyway like I tell him...And I can pretty much say the same to you...You have dedicated your life to your work and taking care of your family...When he leaves there he knows he gave it his all...He was a devoted, dedicated employee that did the best job he could do...And for that he should be proud.......He's a good man, good father, wonderful husband, and my best friend......I am lucky to have him...

I love when I read your family stuff on your blog...I see too that you are a devoted family man too...You make me proud dear~...

Take care...Artie~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why is Dennis Fitzsimons at the Square today?

Anonymous said...

I wonder why Dennis FitzSimons is at the Square today?

Anonymous said...

I wish Lynn the best of luck! I met him and his twin sister Lynette in grammar school. . .in 5th, 6th or 7th grade. I have survived most of my life by believing one thing: what seems to be an end is really only a new beginning.

God bless Artie and Lynn. You'll be in my prayers.